Chicago, March 29, 2017 – As e-commerce continues to grow every year in the United States, e-retailers and fulfilment businesses are looking for the right packaging-automation solution that will save them time and money. To help e-commerce operations achieve maximum efficiency, Bell and Howell will be introducing SmartMailer, a compact continuous-motion product inserter, to the North American market at ProMat 2017, April 3-6 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Visitors to Booth S3877 at ProMat 2017 will be able to see live demonstrations of SmartMailer in action. Manufactured by CMC, makers of the award-winning CartonWrap, SmartMailer can accurately and automatically assemble as many as 2,500 merchandise packages per hour. SmartMailer can eliminate the time and costs of manual inserting, and is flexible enough to work with rigid mailers as well as padded envelopes, while reducing packaging and labeling errors.
SmartMailer comes with these key features:
- Flexibility to handle a wide range of products
- Rotary , shuttle and booklet feeders available for automated handling
- Manual-feed modules for operator handling of variable-size items
- Real-time tracking and selective feeding made possible through barcode matching
- In-line printing capability for customized mailpieces plus labeling
- Ability to interface with customer systems for reporting and tracking
“Every year, e-retailers are experiencing growth in the range of 10 to 20 percent,” said Pete Jones, Bell and Howell’s director of business development, Inserting Systems Group. “SmartMailer provides an automated solution for package insertion that will really pay off during peak mailing season when labor may be stretched thin.”
In addition to SmartMailer, Bell and Howell will also be featuring other packaging and service solutions:
- Raptor Series – print-and-apply labeling system that can apply labels to up to 70 packages per minute
- CartonWrap – automated boxing and labeling system that can process up to 1,000 boxes per hour
- ParcelMgr – sorting solution that automates the tasks of reading, weighing, labeling and sorting parcels or flats at speeds of up to 5,000 parcels per hour
- Bell and Howell Services – multi-vendor maintenance and repair services that extend to more than 50 manufacturers’ product lines across North America
ProMat is the largest expo for manufacturing and supply chain professionals in North America. For more information on the show, visit www.promatshow.com. More than 850 exhibitors from industry, commerce and government will display their supply chain solutions and innovations on the 350,000-square-foot show floor.
To learn more about Bell and Howell, visit bellhowell.net, call 1-800-220-3030, or follow the company on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Bell and Howell is shaping the future of mail and commerce. We deliver innovative service and technology solutions that enrich customer communications and fulfillment for the world’s largest finance, industry and public sector enterprises. Our software and hardware streamlines high-volume, high-integrity production of customer communications and products, maximizes postal discounts, and monetizes every customer touchpoint. Our service organization is among the most sophisticated in the world for production workflow, automation and industrial mechatronics. Headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with offices around the world, Bell and Howell is the trusted partner to thousands of organizations globally. For additional information, visit www.bellhowell.net.