Durham, N.C., April 6, 2016 – High-volume distribution centers moving variable-sized packages and parcels often face a bottleneck at the label applicator.
As a result, Bell and Howell unveiled its Raptor™ series labeling solution at the MODEX 2016 supply-chain tradeshow in Atlanta to address this critical area. The system’s high throughput and easy label roll changeover can reduce the number of labelers needed and increase the performance of a production line currently limited by traditional labelers.
“One of the primary goals of any distribution center operator is to move product through the facility as quickly, flexibly and efficiently as possible,” said Bell and Howell CEO Ramesh Ratan. “Bell and Howell’s Raptor labelers help operators eliminate an important bottleneck in achieving that. With the exceptional throughput of this system, operators can often reduce production cost while delivering the increased speed and integrity demanded by their customers.”
The Raptor series improves upon the throughput, reliability and ease of use of Bell and Howell’s Signature series labeling solution which, itself, was one of the fastest solutions in the industry when it was introduced three years ago. Raptor labelers provide numerous advantages over alternatives:
– Industry-leading throughput applies a 6” label to cartons that vary 36” in height at a rate of up to 70 packages per minute
– Liner-free label technology delivers 80 percent more labels per roll compared to traditional labelers, minimizing roll changeover and reducing waste
– Variable-length labels are produced dynamically by a single unit, eliminating the need for dedicated systems for each label size
– Unique label-on-label mode allows standard label stock to be used to apply return label, packing slip and shipping labels in a stack, eliminating the labor, cost and poor reliability of alternatives
– Advanced technology achieves print speed of 14 inches per second with ANSI grade A/B barcodes for typical labels
– Patented and proven high-speed label cutter is self-sharpening and auto-lubricating for trouble-free operation
– Modular components are replaceable in minutes, and label supply rolls can be changed in under one minute, expediting maintenance and reducing downtime
– Pivoting design allows the print-and-apply mechanism to be easily adjusted and serviced
– Readily integrates with external systems to retrieve label data, perform high-speed tracking and perform intelligent exception handling.
All Bell and Howell products are backed by an expert technical service team with decades of experience supporting complex automation systems in 24x7x365 operations. With a field service team comprising over 600 full-time customer service engineers, Bell and Howell provides responsive expert support to its customers.
Bell and Howell is shaping the future of mail and commerce. We deliver innovative service and technology solutions that enrich customer communications and fulfillment for the world’s largest finance, industry and public sector enterprises. Our software and hardware streamlines high-volume, high-integrity production of customer communications and products, maximizes postal discounts, and monetizes every customer touchpoint. Our service organization is among the most sophisticated in the world for production workflow, automation and industrial mechatronics. Headquartered in Research Triangle Park, N.C., with offices around the world, Bell and Howell is the trusted partner to thousands of organizations globally. For additional information, visit www.bellhowell.net.