Durham, N.C., June 7, 2017
– With consumers, and especially students, increasingly relying on e-commerce for purchases, university mailrooms are facing issues related to parcel volume and limited pickup times. One solution is intelligent parcel lockers that free up space and improve accessibility for parcel pickups. Bell and Howell
will be demonstrating the CleverBox
parcel terminal in Booth 828 at the Association of College and University Housing Officers – International’s
Annual Conference & Exposition June 17-20 in Providence, Rhode Island.
As ACUHO-I's largest event, the Annual Conference brings together campus housing professionals from around the globe for four days of invigorating speakers, educational sessions, networking opportunities, and exposure to new products and services.
University postal staff can utilize the CleverBox by loading items in the system, which scans parcel dimensions and opens the appropriate door for storage. Recipients are then notified via email or text that they have a package in the locker. The recipients can visit the centrally located CleverBox at their convenience 24 hours a day and scan in their unique pick-up codes. The corresponding locker drawer opens and the recipient collects the parcel.
Designed with e-commerce in mind, the CleverBox focuses on the end-user experience from parcel delivery to pickup to returns. With a modular design and unique drawer slots, the flexible CleverBox can accommodate many applications, including large campus environments. Bell and Howell’s service team is also ready 24/7 to keep the CleverBox running smoothly.
The CleverBox parcel terminal provides many useful features:
- Unique drawer slots to allow for maximized capacity per square-meter footprint
- A modular column design that provides flexibility and configuration adjustments
- Improved ergonomics to meet requirements for users with disabilities
- Clean lines and a simple design that easily fits into modern commercial interiors
- A flexible software platform designed for straightforward integration into logistics systems
- Secure chain-of-custody tracking and reporting for parcels
In addition to the CleverBox, Bell and Howell’s booth will also feature information on the PackRobot
smart locker and its proprietary 3D lift system that measures each parcel’s dimensions and dynamically configures locker slots to optimally secure the parcel.
“Intelligent lockers are increasingly popular in Europe, and have entered the United States via retail outlets and campus environments,” said Ramesh Ratan, president CEO of Bell and Howell. “In this innovative space, Bell and Howell, with our partner, Cleveron, is changing the game with dramatic advances in capacity, functionality and aesthetics with several intelligent-locker products and options.”
For more information on the CleverBox, visit http://bit.ly/2rGymhi
For additional information on Bell and Howell, visit BellHowell.net
, call 1-800-220-3030, or follow the company on LinkedIn
and Twitter @bellandhowell
Bell and Howell is shaping the future of mail and commerce. We deliver innovative service and technology solutions that enrich customer communications and fulfillment for the world’s largest finance, industry and public sector enterprises. Our software and hardware streamlines high-volume, high-integrity production of customer communications and products, maximizes postal discounts, and monetizes every customer touchpoint. Our service organization is among the most sophisticated in the world for production workflow, automation and industrial mechatronics. Headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, with offices around the world, Bell and Howell is the trusted partner to thousands of organizations globally. For additional information, visit www.bellhowell.net.